By John Phillips
John Phillips, English geologist (1800-1874)
This publication provides «A Treatise on Geology», from John Phillips. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Introductory View Of The gadgets Of Geological Science
- normal Reasonings about the Substance Of The Globe
- sequence Of Stratified Rocks
- natural continues to be Of vegetation And Animals
- historic View Of The Stratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Post-tertiary And sleek Deposits
- Unstratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Mineral Veins
- smooth results of warmth within the Globe
- kingdom Of Geological Theory
- renowned perspectives And comparatively cheap functions Of Geology
Read or Download A Treatise on Geology PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
A Reference ebook of English phrases and words for overseas technology scholars is a reference publication of English phrases and words for international scholars, for use as an relief whilst interpreting books on technology, making notes, or whilst describing experiments. it truly is meant to educate the non-technical English phrases and words that are essential to describe and clarify issues and occasions scientifically.
The essays during this quantity search to envision the makes use of to which strategies of genius were installed varied cultures and occasions. jointly, they're designed to make new statements. First, noticeable in ancient and comparative standpoint, genius isn't a average truth and common human consistent that has been just recently pointed out by way of smooth technology, yet as a substitute a specific mode of assessing human skill and advantage.
Unterredungen und Mathematische Demonstrationen Über Zwei Neue Wissenszweige, Die Mechanik und Die Fallgesetze Betreffend by way of Galileo Galilei. This booklet is a duplicate of the unique ebook released in 1891 and should have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
An enthralling old survey of the major debates, questions, and controversies on the intersection of technology and faith all through background, clinical discovery has clashed with non secular dogma, growing clash, controversy, and occasionally violent dispute. during this enlightening and obtainable quantity, special historian and Pulitzer Prize–winning writer Edward Larson and Michael Ruse, thinker of technological know-how and Gifford Lecturer, supply their distinct viewpoints at the occasionally contentious courting among technology and faith.
- Science and Technology for Development: The Role of U.S. Universities (Pergamon policy studies ; no. 38)
- The Body as Object and Instrument of Knowledge: Embodied Empiricism in Early Modern Science: 25 (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
- How the Cold War Transformed Philosophy of Science: To the Icy Slopes of Logic
- The Romance of the Earth
- The Global History of Paleopathology: Pioneers and Prospects
- Paleontology: A Philosophical Introduction (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy and Biology)
Additional resources for A Treatise on Geology
A Treatise on Geology by John Phillips