By Leo Abse
Read Online or Download Old Testament Stories with a Freudian Twist PDF
Similar psychoanalysis books
Why are jokes humorous? Why can we giggle? In humorous odd, Mikita Brottman demurs from fresh scholarship that takes laughter-- and the wider area of humor and the comical--as a freeing social strength and an endearing point of self-expression. For Brottman, there's not anything humorous approximately laughter, that's much less attached to mirth and emotions of fine will than to a nexus of darker feelings: worry, aggression, disgrace, anxiousness.
This quantity brings jointly a number of the papers provided via prime students, artists and psychoanalysts at an annual Creativity Seminar organised via the Erikson Institute of the Austen Riggs heart. taking a look at creativity via a psychoanalytic lens - and extremely importantly, vice versa - the authors study nice works, corresponding to Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, Mahler's 8th Symphony, and William Gibson's The Miracle employee; in addition to nice artists, corresponding to Van Gogh and Lennon and McCartney, for what we'd find out about the inventive approach itself.
Including Ferenczi, Karl Abraham was once possibly Freud's such a lot inventive and dedicated disciple. during this ebook, after outlining the socio-cultural context of the day, Isabel Sanfeliu examines Abraham's lifestyles as a scholar, his relations atmosphere and his first steps as a doctor and psychoanalyst. As a scientific health care professional Abraham used to be calm and indifferent, and a superb instance of a good and aim analyst.
Psychoanalysis and neurological drugs have promoted contrasting and possible irreconcilable notions of the fashionable self. on the grounds that Freud, psychoanalysts have trusted the spoken note in a healing perform that has revolutionized our knowing of the brain. Neurologists and neurosurgeons, in the meantime, have used fabric apparatus—the scalpel, the electrode—to probe the workings of the frightened approach, and in so doing have appreciably reshaped our knowing of the mind.
- Would-Be Wife Killer: A Clinical Study of Primitive Mental Functions, Actualised Unconscious Fantasies, Satellite States, and Developmental Steps
- Lacan, Discourse, Event: New Psychoanalytic Approaches to Textual Indeterminacy
- Child-Centred Attachment Therapy: The CcAT Programme (The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Series)
- The Dove that Returns, The Dove that Vanishes: Paradox and Creativity in Psychoanalysis (The New Library of Psychoanalysis)
- Still Practicing: The Heartaches and Joys of a Clinical Career (Psychoanalysis in a New Key Book Series)
Extra resources for Old Testament Stories with a Freudian Twist
Old Testament Stories with a Freudian Twist by Leo Abse