By Tajinder Kalsi
- This publication offers code-intensive discussions with distinct recipes that assist you comprehend larger and research faster.
- More than 50 hands-on recipes to create and administer a safe Linux method in the neighborhood in addition to on a network
- Enhance dossier process safeguard and native and distant consumer authentication by utilizing quite a few safety instruments and varied types of Linux for various tasks
With the becoming approval for Linux, increasingly more directors have begun relocating to the approach to create networks or servers for any job. This additionally makes Linux the 1st selection for any attacker now. as a result lack of knowledge approximately security-related assaults, directors now face matters in facing those attackers as fast as attainable. studying concerning the varieties of Linux protection can help create a safer Linux system.
Whether you're new to Linux management or skilled, this ebook will give you the abilities to make structures extra secure.
With plenty of step by step recipes, the ebook begins by way of introducing you to varied threats to Linux platforms. then you definately get to stroll via customizing the Linux kernel and securing neighborhood records. subsequent you are going to movement directly to deal with person authentication in the community and remotely and in addition mitigate community assaults. ultimately, you are going to discover ways to patch bash vulnerability and computer screen approach logs for security.
With numerous screenshots in every one instance, the e-book will offer an outstanding studying event and assist you create safer Linux systems.
What you'll learn
- Learn approximately quite a few vulnerabilities and exploits with regards to Linux systems
- Configure and construct a safe kernel and try it
- Learn approximately dossier permissions and protection and the way to safely alter files
- Explore numerous how you can authenticate neighborhood clients whereas tracking their activities.
- Authenticate clients remotely and securely reproduction documents on distant systems
- Review numerous community protection equipment together with firewalls utilizing iptables and TCP Wrapper
- Explore a variety of safety instruments together with Port Sentry, Squid Proxy, Shorewall, and plenty of more
- Understand Bash vulnerability/security and patch management
About the Author
Tajinder Kalsi is an leading edge specialist with greater than nine years of innovative adventure in the info safeguard undefined. He has a superb volume of information and adventure in internet program checking out, vulnerability evaluate, community penetration checking out, and threat assessment.
At current, he's operating as an autonomous info safety advisor. He begun his profession with Wipro as a technical affiliate, and afterward he turned an ISMS advisor cum technical evangelist. In his unfastened time, he conducts seminars in schools all throughout India on numerous issues, and he has coated greater than a hundred twenty five schools and spoken to 10,000+ students.
In the earlier, he has reviewed books akin to net software Penetration checking out with Kali Linux, getting to know Kali Linux for complex Penetration checking out, and complex instant Penetration checking out for Highly-Secured Environments.
You can locate him on fb at www.facebook.com/tajinder.kalsi.tj, or touch him on his site at www.tajinderkalsi.com.
Table of Contents
- Linux safeguard Problems
- Configuring a safe and Optimized Kernel
- Local Filesystem Security
- Local Authentication in Linux
- Remote Authentication
- Network Security
- Security Tools
- Linux safety Distros
- Patching a Bash Vulnerability
- Security tracking and Logging
Read Online or Download Practical Linux Security Cookbook PDF
Similar other_4 books
Key FeaturesThis ebook offers code-intensive discussions with distinct recipes that assist you comprehend higher and examine speedier. greater than 50 hands-on recipes to create and administer a safe Linux method in the neighborhood in addition to on a networkEnhance dossier approach protection and native and distant person authentication through the use of quite a few defense instruments and varied models of Linux for various tasksBook DescriptionWith the starting to be acclaim for Linux, increasingly more directors have all started relocating to the procedure to create networks or servers for any job.
This ebook is an extraordinary source including difficulties and options just like these visible in arithmetic contests from worldwide. it's a superb education source for top institution scholars who plan to take part in arithmetic contests, and a superb selection of difficulties that may be utilized by academics who desire to provide their complex scholars a few difficult nontraditional difficulties to paintings directly to construct their challenge fixing abilities.
Why do humans from comparable backgrounds who learn an analogous textual content build various meanings? Is there a question in the back of each analyzing aim, such that analyzing is an interactive means of asking and answering of questions? Do those that think that wisdom is dynamic build which means in a different way than those that think that wisdom is bound?
A world-renowned classicist offers a groundbreaking biography of the guy who despatched Jesus of Nazareth to the pass. The Roman prefect Pontius Pilate has been cloaked in rumor and delusion because the first century, yet what can we truly be aware of of the guy who condemned Jesus of Nazareth to the go? during this step forward, revisionist biography of 1 of the Bible’s so much debatable figures, Italian classicist Aldo Schiavone explains what may have occurred in that short assembly among the governor and Jesus, and why the Gospels—and heritage itself—have made Pilate a determine of titanic ambiguity.
- Network Performance and Security: Testing and Analyzing Using Open Source and Low-Cost Tools
- BLAME! Vol. 1
- Block City
- Harvesting Ashwood: Minnesota 2037
- JAZZ MERGIRL: The True Story of Jazz Jennings, a Transgender Girl Born in a Boy's Body
Extra resources for Practical Linux Security Cookbook
Practical Linux Security Cookbook by Tajinder Kalsi