By Harold Kincaid,John Dupré,Alison Wylie,John Dupre
Read or Download Value-Free Science?: Ideals and Illusion PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
A Reference e-book of English phrases and words for overseas technology scholars is a reference ebook of English phrases and words for international scholars, for use as an reduction while interpreting books on technological know-how, making notes, or while describing experiments. it's meant to educate the non-technical English phrases and words that are essential to describe and clarify issues and occasions scientifically.
The essays during this quantity search to ascertain the makes use of to which suggestions of genius were installed diversified cultures and instances. jointly, they're designed to make new statements. First, visible in historic and comparative viewpoint, genius isn't really a common truth and common human consistent that has been only in the near past pointed out by means of smooth technological know-how, yet as a substitute a express mode of assessing human skill and benefit.
Unterredungen und Mathematische Demonstrationen Über Zwei Neue Wissenszweige, Die Mechanik und Die Fallgesetze Betreffend via Galileo Galilei. This ebook is a duplicate of the unique e-book released in 1891 and should have a few imperfections comparable to marks or hand-written notes.
An enthralling ancient survey of the most important debates, questions, and controversies on the intersection of technological know-how and faith all through historical past, medical discovery has clashed with spiritual dogma, developing clash, controversy, and occasionally violent dispute. during this enlightening and obtainable quantity, exotic historian and Pulitzer Prize–winning writer Edward Larson and Michael Ruse, thinker of technology and Gifford Lecturer, supply their particular viewpoints at the occasionally contentious courting among technology and faith.
- Exploring Greenland: Cold War Science and Technology on Ice (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- Victorian Literature and the Physics of the Imponderable (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century)
- Changing Images in Mathematics: From the French Revolution to the New Millennium (Routledge Studies in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine)
- Über die Reflexion des Lichtes in einer inhomogenen Schicht / Raum und Zeit in der gegenwärtigen Physik: Abteilung I / Band 2 (Moritz Schlick. Gesamtausgabe) (German Edition)
- Communication: The Essence of Science: Facilitating Information Exchange Among Librarians, Scientists, Engineers and Students
Additional info for Value-Free Science?: Ideals and Illusion
Value-Free Science?: Ideals and Illusion by Harold Kincaid,John Dupré,Alison Wylie,John Dupre